Types of information we collect and when
We may collect two types of information from users of our Site: "Personally Identifiable Information" which is information that can be used to locate you, contact you, or determine your specific identity (such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, user name, credit card information, etc.) and "aggregate information" which is information about your activities on the Site or in connection with the services that cannot be used to identify, locate, or contact you (such as frequency of visits to the Site, data entered when using the Site, Site pages most frequently accessed, browser type, links a User clicks, IP address, and other similar information).
We collect information from you:
- When you use a credit card to pay for any of our services or products, we ask for your name, address, credit card and credit card-related information.
- Once you have created an account, you may complete your profile by providing additional Personally Identifiable Information about yourself such as your address.
- When you enter a contest, sweepstakes or promotion through the Site.
- When you submit comments, feedback, or suggestions through the Site.
- When you visit the site, even if you are not logged in, we gather information about your computer operating system (e.g., Windows XP or Mac OS), your "IP Address," the web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer) being used, the referring website information, usage data regarding your activity on the Site, including what web pages you visit or share, what functions you use, as well as overall time spent on the Site. We use this data for internal analysis about the Site performance and services.
You can refuse to supply Personally Identifiable Information, but it may prevent you from having access to the Site's full functionality. The Site also allows you to edit and update your personal information and preferences at any time. Once you have created an account and log in to the Site -- you are not anonymous to us.
How we use collected information
We collect and use your Personally Identifiable Information for the following purposes:
To personalize user experience:
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
To improve our Site and your User experience
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- We may use information we gather about you to display data trends based on different demographics, make offers and discounts available to you, among other things.
To provide customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- When a User submits questions or comments to us, we my use that information to respond to the User.
- By creating an account with us, you agree that we may contact you by phone, email, mail, or text message to respond to questions that you submit to us.
To process transactions
- We may use the information Users provide when placing an order only to process that order. We do not share credit card information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
To send periodic emails and printed materials
- The address and email address Users provide will be used to send them information, sales offers, and updates pertaining to their services. Such addresses may also be used to respond to Users, and/or other requests or questions. By creating an account on the Site, Users are opting-in to our mailing list, and will receive emails and/or mail that may include company news, updates, sales information, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or mail, they may do so by contacting us via our Site.
For our marketing purposes
- We may use the information Users provide to display targeted advertising or other content that we think may be of interest to the User based on information the User has shared with us.
- We may provide data mining services to third parties interested in better understanding our User's such as aggregate information about the Site's user base such as interests, purchases made, so that such parties may determine if they would like to advertise to our Users.
- By registering an account, you agree that we may contact you at the phone number you have provided us, even if your number is on a do-not-call list or a wireless number, for our marketing purposes.
- We may connect and link your information with the information provided by you to our other websites including ifit.com.
We may also use aggregate information such as information about the pages visited to improve the design, content and performance of our Site, or to analyze Site usage and the popularity of certain pages of the Site.
When you purchase our services, you will be asked to provide credit card and/or billing information and email address. We will use the information provided in connection with a User's purchase to process your order and for no other purpose.
When we share your personal information
We may provide Personally Identifiable Information to our authorized service providers who assist us in providing the services and performing functions on our behalf. They are prevented from using it in any other way.
We may share your personal contact information to our trusted marketing partners for their internal or commercial purposes.
We will disclose information we maintain when required by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to requests from law enforcement agencies or other public agencies if we feel that such disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime. In addition, we may disclose to third parties information that does not constitute Personally Identifiable Information. Finally, we may disclose information if there is a transfer of our assets or ownership in connection with a proposed or consummated corporate reorganization, such as a merger or acquisition, to the extent permitted by law.
Web browser cookies and other technologies used to collect information
In addition to the collection of information described above, we use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our Site.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your experience on the Site. A cookie is a small text file, with no Personally Identifiable Information, that we place on the user's computer browser. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Site, such as the web pages you visit and the links you click. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on the Site.
- Other technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Site. Web beacons are tiny graphics which are embedded in the webpage and are used for similar purposes as cookies to track activity. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our Site visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third parties. We may allow third parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our Site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our Site does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
We want you to feel confident using the Site. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
c/o Privacy Manager
4118 South 500 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84123
updated July 31, 2023
FREE SHIPPING - For a limited time, take advantage of FREE SHIPPING on all PART orders of $200 or more shipping within the Continental USA (excludes HI, AK, PR).*
$10.99 FLAT rate shipping on most parts orders totaling less than $200 within the Continental USA (excludes HI, AK, PR).*
Most items ship SAME DAY arriving within 2-5 business days.
RUSH orders must be phoned in 1-801-281-4911.
*excludes Precision Water System Dealers.
Please contact us with any questions.
All shipments equal to or greater than $500 require a customer signature upon delivery. The shipping company will contact you before attempting to deliver your machine and or parts. A total of three attempts will be made to contact you. After three attempts have been made the shipping company will make arrangements to return your items to our warehouse. Both shipping TO and RETURNING plus a 15% restocking fee will apply. A re-consignment charge will apply should you request a re-consignment to have your machine and or parts delivered to a different address than originally specified on the order.
We cannot ship complete distiller units to P.O. or APO Boxes with internet orders. There are a couple of reasons for this. One is that many of our items are large and ship in boxes bigger than the post office will accept for postal boxes. Our on-line order system can’t determine what size of box your order will ship in.
Precision Water USA will not accept online orders made outside the United States. Our online shopping cart can only calculate shipping costs for the United States and Canada. For all international orders, please contact us via phone or email. If you fail to follow the correct procedures when ordering we will contact you regarding your order.
Damaged Freight – refuse delivery of ALL damaged freight/shipments. You are assuming liability by signing for damaged shipments. Occationally boxes look dented or torn but the product is undamaged inside. Open items in front of the delivery driver before signing so you can refuse it if damaged. Contact Precision Water USA immediately should you accept freight which looks great but you find damaged items inside.
30-day satisfaction guarantee
Precision Water USA offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee from the date of purchase on all UNUSED merchandise. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in NEW condition and purchased directly from Precision Water USA. First contact Precision Water USA for a return merchandise authorization (RMA) at 1-801-281-4911 or email email@example.com.
Upon receiving a RMA number, put your machine and or parts carefully back in their original packaging and contact Precision Water USA 1-801-281-4911. We will arrange shipping through FedEx and you will be responsible take your machine and or parts to a nearby FedEx Kinkos shipping facility. If you receive a defective water distiller or distiller part(s) you will receive a replacement part(s) at no cost to you. Credits issued will be for products returned and will not include your to and from shipping charges unless a product has been determined to be defective. If your order qualified for free shipping upon purchase, a ship to charge will be applied and combined to the return shipping charge. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 5-15 business days of our receiving your returned product(s). A 15% restocking fee is charged on all canceled or returned merchandise (unless the merchandise is defective). If your product(s) has shipped (even if you have not received your machine) return shipping and restocking fees will apply.
Precision Water USA will issue credits upon the receipt and inspection of returned products in undamaged condition. We reserve the right to use our discretion in determining the qualifications of a returned item for credit. When placing an order with our company by phone or through our website you are electronically agreeing to all Precision Water USA policies. Precision Water USA reserves the right to refuse or assess restocking fees for items that have been used, abused, or damaged.
Products must be returned with original packaging and in the original “NEW” condition. Missing packaging, paperwork, or parts will result in a additional fees used in covering these items.
c/o Privacy Manager
4118 South 500 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84123